"Robin Van Persie Not leaving arsenal" says Arteta


The Dutch striker has been linked with moves to Real Madrid and Barcelona, but Arteta doesn’t think his team-mate will switch clubs at the end of the season.

“I do not see Van Persie leaving Arsenal,” Arteta told COM Radio.

“He is completely unaffected by interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona and not thinking about his contract renewal either.

“Now he is very calm and is not nervous about anything.

“I know he has said that in the summer he will consider things, talk it over and take the decision that he will take.”

The Spaniard also added that he doesn’t regret leaving Barcelona for Rangers in 2002, as he admits he would have had a long wait on the sidelines before getting a chance in the first team.

“I have always wondered if I could have made it in the Barca first team. That is very difficult though and a limited option. To reach the team is not so tough, but staying there is,” he added.

“When I left I knew what I was doing. Pep (Guardiola) was still in the first team, Xavi hardly played and I know that it would be a long and difficult time waiting for a chance.

“That is why I decided to take the decision to leave. I am very proud to have been at Barcelona though.”

Comments