Mormeck out to ‘smash’ Klitschko


Challenger Jean-Marc Mormeck has promised to “smash” Wladimir Klitschko when the fighters meet in Dusseldorf on Saturday.

The Frenchman is bidding to take Klitschko’s IBF, IBO, WBO and WBA world titles, but faces a tough task against the heavyweight champion who has gone 14 fights without defeat.

Still, the 39-year-old is full of confidence ahead of the fight.

“Klitschko has something that I want and I need to smash his face in order to get it,” the 39-year-old Frenchman told German television RTL.

“I know that he is not happy getting hit.

“I’ve already said it and mean it - he has a glass jaw.”

Klitschko responded by saying he would out to get his 50th career knockout.

“I’m going to try to protect my glass chin,” said the Ukrainian.

“Best of all by looking at him knocked out.”

Comments