Law Professor’s Puzzle.

A young Law student, having
failed his Law exam, goes up to
his crusty old professor, who is
renowned for his razor-sharp
legal mind.
Student: “Sir, do you really
understand everything about
this subject ?”
Professor: “Actually, I probably
do. Otherwise I wouldn’t be a
professor, would I?”
Student: “OK. So I’d like to ask
you a question. If you can give
me the correct answer, I will
accept my marks as it is. If you
can ’t give me the correct
answer, however, you’ll have
to give me an “A”.
Professor: “Hmmmm, alright. So
what’s the question?”
Student: “What is legal but not
logical, logical but not legal,
and neither logical nor legal? “
The professor wracks his
famous brain, but just can’t
crack the answer.
Finally he gives up and changes
the student ’s failing mark into
an “A” as agreed, and the
student goes away, very
pleased.
The professor continues to
wrack his brain over the
question all afternoon, but still
can ’t get the answer. So finally
he calls in a group of his
brightest students and tells
them he has a really, really
tough question to answer:
“What is legal but not logical,
logical but not legal, and neither
logical nor legal? “
To the professor’s surprise (and
embarrassment), all the
students immediately raise
their hands.
“All right” says the professor
and asks his favourite student
to answer
“It’s quite easy, sir” says the
student
“You see, you are 75 years old
and married to a 30 year old
woman, which is legal, but not
logical. Your wife has a 22 year
old lover, which is logical, but
not legal. And your wife ’s lover
failed his exam but you’ve just
given him an “A”, which is
neither legal, nor logical.”

Comments